The steering group is appointed by the general assembly and consists of a broad representation of organizations that are part of the consortium, ie. universities, colleges, authorities, research institutes and museums. The steering group works on behalf of the general assembly, based on the DiVA consortium's overall common vision and goals. The steering group consists of six elected members and the library director at Uppsala University Library who also chairs the meetings. In addition, the repository manager and the coordinator of the consortium are included in the steering group.
The task of the steering group:
- The steering group works from the DiVA consortium's overall common perspective.
- The steering group prepares the budget and overall strategic issues to be decided at the general assembly's annual meeting.
- Collaborates with the management and follows up strategies, schedules and priorities and decides on the management plan.
- Communicates with other authorities and actors, relevant to the DiVA consortium, e.g. the Swedish Research Council, the National Library and the Swedish National Data Service.
- The steering group is visionary, forward-looking, and monitors the outside world in matters concerning research information systems.
- Reports on decisions made at the general assembly's annual meeting and provides feedback to members once during the current financial year in October-November.
- Has a mandate to set up working groups if necessary.
- Convene to an extra general meeting if deemed necessary.
- The term of office is 3 years with the possibility of re-election once.
- At least two of the six elected members must be from group 1-2 and at least two from group 3-4.
- The steering group meets 3-5 times and has complementary web meetings when needed.
- The consortium pays for the steering group's travel.